How To Build Confidence
The “Creating Confidence” Exercise
Most people have at least one area in their life where they lack confidence. For some, it could be speaking in public, for others it could be meeting new people and developing relationships. Identify that specific area in your life right now…
- Identify a major goal that you would like to achieve
- Identify where you lack confidence in terms of the attainment of this goal. I assume you lack confidence in this area because if you did not lack confidence then you would have achieved this goal by now. So identify what that blockage is:
- If you’re an entrepreneur, maybe you lack confidence in presenting proposals to other business owners or financial institutions
- If you are in sales perhaps you are limiting your success by not pursuing the large accounts
- Maybe you are in a relationship and you‘re not happy with the behavior of your partner, do you lack the confidence to ask for what you want?
- Write at least one paragraph that describes your confidence block and your current state of mind. When you imagine yourself in this situation of low confidence, what comes up for you. Are you anxious, nervous, upset, etc… Describe your state as accurately as possible
- Now that you are aware of your confidence blockages, you can begin to redevelop them. Define one major activity that you can implement ASAP that moves you towards your goal
- If you have a fear of speaking, your activity could be to rehearse a 10 minute power speech in front of the mirror
- If you struggle in sales, you could plan to practice and refine your sales presentation with a manager or senior colleague
- Write a commitment to yourself to practice this new activity every single day for the next 30 days. If you really want to commit to this, find an accountability partner and perform the activity with them so that you have a witness.
- At the end of 30 days, repeat step 3 again and analyze where you are at in terms of confidence. Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10
You can continue this until you reach a level that you are satisfied with when it comes to your confidence in this area of your life!
Download this Free How To Build Confidence Exercise Worksheet: How To Build Confidence Free PDF
Discover The Key To Achieve Anything You Want In Life – Take Control Of Your Life Audio